Back to > How To Make Lesson Plans
for Homeschool~ The Story Of Inventions
- James Watt and the Invention of the Steam Engine
- Robert Fulton and the Invention of the Steamboat
- George Stephenson and the Invention of the Locomotive
- Invention of the Electric Engine and Electric Locomotive
- The Invention of the Spinning Machines
- Eli Witney and the Invention of the Cotton Gin
- Elias Howe and the Invention of the Sewing Machine
- Cyrus H. McCormick and the Invention of the Reaper
- Henry Bessemer and the Making of Steel
- John Gutenberg and the Invention of Printing
- Samuel F.B. Morse and the Invention of Telegraph
- Alexander Graham Bell and the Invention of Telephone
- Thomas Edison
- Orville & Wilbur Wright
- Guglielmo Marconi
- John L. Baird - Television
- John P. Holland and the Submarine
- Wernher Von Braun and Rockets to the Moon
- The Invention of the Computer
The Story of Inventions
By Michael J. McHugh
and Frank P. Bachman
Published by Christian Liberty Press Copyright 1992
Sprinkled with black and white illustrations, this is a story book.
Each chapter is presented like a story of the inventions or the life of
the inventors. Recommended for grades 4-6, these stories can be read by
the children or you can read them to all ages as bedtime stories.
At the end of most chapters are 5 comprehension questions.
This book is no longer being published. You may purchased used copies from various resources, including amazon.
Amazon Link: The
Story Of Inventions
There is a second edition of this book. The schedule linked below does not work with the second edition.